FAQs

Thursday, June 04, 2009

Pink Peonies


The other day, I finally got outside to take a few photos before the spring flowers completely disappear.  I made it my mission last Friday, if at all possible, to make myself go outside to take some pictures, smell the peonies, and bring in some fresh-cut ones for a bouquet.  Asher served as photography assistant. 



I loved looking at the peonies in various stages of blooming.  I also think of myself as budding or blooming, so I find myself very drawn to watching the cycles of the flowers and trees in our yard.  Sometimes just looking at a flower or tree--seeing them come back year after year, facing the sun, and cycling in and out of bloom--reminds me to take a deep breath, to hold on, to remember God, to keep pushing through the treatments, to see the beauty around me, to recognize how long and difficult the process of healing (and becoming who we are meant to be) is, and to accept the stages of spring and winter as part of life, not just illness. I feel that taking photos makes me take more time to really pay attention to the details of nature and of life.


These photos are for you, Mommy Bev.  You've taught me to hold on to the Spring days and to never lose faith that more Spring days will come my way. You constantly remind me of the image of a blooming flower. You've taught me so much more than just that, of course, but these photos made me think especially of you.


Too bad the photos are so much smaller once posted in blogger...because in the above photo I even caught a little bug crawling around!

This is the same peony that is in the previous picture, just a little closer up. 

Happy Friday!

Blessings,

Emily

Photos:  Pink peonies in various stages of blooming (in our backyard).

5 comments:

M.S. said...

Love that you did this! What a great idea. I just noticed all my rose bushes are starting to get buds. I guess I did something right and didn't kill them.

Qavah said...

Beautiful pictures - you are right about seasons in our lives. Great comparison!

Anonymous said...

Loved the pictures and the discussion...good reminders for all of us...mom

Anonymous said...

thank you for giving me a smile this morning!!! the photos are more than beautiful, as are the words,
love corina

Rachel Lundy said...

Beautiful pictures!