FAQs

Friday, June 19, 2009

A Peaceful Spirit On My Anniversary



By not planning anything for my anniversary this year, I feel that I left myself open for the day to unfold in its own way.

Wednesday night, I listened to my favorite album (purchased another year for my anniversary), Mary Chapin Carpenter's The Calling to remind myself of the beauty in some of the experiences I have had on this journey. I fell asleep listening to Debbie Friedman's Renewal of Spirit, an album of Jewish healing songs. It's like falling asleep to the singing of prayers and I've listened to this album over and over again for many years.

I awoke on Thursday with a very peaceful spirit. I haven't felt that quiet and peaceful in a very long time. And it was the first good night's sleep I had gotten in a long time too.

Maxine came for my massage. I sat outside on the porch with Asher for a short while in the afternoon. I opened the mail and found my letter from MA approving my wheelchair. I had a good nap. Mom and I went for a drive in the country after dinner and everything is so incredibly gorgeous right now. Mom brought home the lovely planter that is in the photos for this post. I found two women to sponsor on Kiva.




With all of the medical questions up in the air right now and especially after my latest ER visit, I was feeling too exhausted and weary to plan anything for the anniversary.

In the end, I had a beautiful day. What was most beautiful about the day was that along with my peaceful spirit, I was really able to take in the love that people sent my way. I was able to really have time to read emails and take them in. I was able to read them over and over again. And not feel rushed or hurried.

Thank you all so much for holding me in such love always--and especially yesterday. A day that could have been incredibly painful, was made beautiful in ways I never expected.

Thank you.

Blessings,

Emily

Photos: Planter Mom purchased for my anniversary. I LOVE it and hope it will last a long time!

1 comment:

Rachel Lundy said...

I'm glad that your day was beautiful, peaceful, and special in its own way.

Lots of love,
Rachel