FAQs

Tuesday, April 07, 2009

More Goodbye To The Purple Room...


My furniture. I've had it since first grade. Don't you just love the pretty little flowers? Oh my!

I do still love the Emily print above the dresser, which Jeannine got for me in D.C.'s Chinatown for my 30th birthday.

My lovely flowery dresser. Does anyone need a set of furniture for a little girl? It's still in really good shape! Seriously. Let me know! It's taken some pretty tough wear and tear over the past 28 years!  Aaaah, they just don't make things like they used to do they? :) This furniture served it's purpose and it well.

My goofy TV set-up so that I could see my TV while reclining in bed. Hey it worked, and helped my neck.


Oh, and don't forget to vote for Obama. :) Yeah, I know. The election is over. But the poster is still cool.  And so is the photo from Jess and the Hope quote on the wall.


Yikes! Look at that mess. And is that a computer in the bedroom? Tsk. Tsk. I don't know if I can break that habit. But I am going to work on it.

And do you think there is any way to just infuse me with some sort of inclination and gift for being more organized? I hate that I am disorganized and messy. I'm sooo envious of people who find it natural and easy to be neat and organized. 

Just posting these pictures and writing this post makes me very ready to move into my new bedroom and decorate as a 33 year old and not a 25 year old. My tastes have definitely changed!

I'll post pics as soon as I can! It will be a while though until the new room is painted, the furniture has arrived, and the TV is up! At least I'll have a bed and lights by the end of this week!

Blessings,

Emily

4 comments:

M.S. said...

I'd so take the dresser.... now if I live closer! I think it is perfect!

ss said...

omg I literally just did the exact same thing w/ my tv about a month ago and YES it has done wonders for my neck too. kills me I didn't think of it sooner...

magpie said...

Honey, if that's messy and disorganized, I'll never be able to invite you over :-D
Can't wait to see photos of the new digs!

Shauna said...

Hi there Emily,

I have never seen your blog, and I am very touched, just after reading your first 3 posts. I found you by one of my new followers....

I wondered exactly what you have, medically, that has you now in a chair...I am the writer of a blog about my life in Chronic Pain, and also a nurse. My entire body, but my arms and legs lately have been very shaky and I feel like I am not going to be able to stand up much longer at times....

I think that whatever you 'have', you have a fantastic way of writing--it just spills out so naturally, and also includes your emotions without going overboard....I really enjoy it and would like to put a link if that is ok with you, on my blog. I really think this is worth reading!!

Gentle Hugs Emily, and very nice to meet you!!
Shauna 8-D