FAQs

Thursday, April 30, 2009

The State of Things: Renovation Update!


Above is the state my bedroom was in when I left Monday evening to stay with Dad and Abbie for the week.  You can sort of see the one light fixture on the ceiling, but I don't want to take a picture of it until the room is finished! I'm living out of laundry baskets.  I've had plenty of time to decide between the paint swatches on the wall. 

I should have spent a bit more time thinking about a paint color for the study. I picked a color (based on the decorator's recommendations). When Mom painted a swatch on the wall Monday morning it looked like throw-up. I have an aversion to anything throw-up colored--I think it was a few too many times throwing up in my lifetime. We bought another color Monday afternoon, and I made a very last minute decision before I left to head over to Dad and Abbie's. Keep your fingers crossed on that color!

As you can see I also have my TV in the bedroom. Pretty fancy. I'm completely in love with my TV, which is funny if you know me because I used to go months without watching any TV. Jeannine says: "If anyone had told me 20 years ago you would be so excited about a TV, I wouldn't have believed them." 

I cannot wait to go home tomorrow (Friday) and see my new bedroom and study.  Both Mom and Dad have already seen it and say it looks great, so I'm getting antsy!






I've been staying with Dad and Abbie all week, so here are a few pics of the view around here. It's a nice change of scenery, as they have such a great view of the mountains where they live. Everything is getting so green, the pear trees are in bloom, and the trees on the mountains are starting to get leaves.

I've had lots of bonding time with Dad and Abbie. And Asher is here too, of course. My favorite part of the day is when Dad comes down to say goodnight and 'tuck me in'. That is one of my absolute favorite things. 






The furniture arrives on Monday.  After that we still have to put up the new door and get the TV mounted. Then for the most part we are done with the bedroom--except for adding things like window treatments, an end of bed bench, etc. Hooray!



All of these photos were taken from the deck on the back of Dad and Abbie's house. This is a photo of the ski slopes, which in all of my years living here I have NEVER been on. Nope, I've never skied in my life.

They have a large walk-out lower level (the house is built on a big slope!), which is where Asher and I hang out. When I need to go upstairs, Dad drives the car around the yard to pick me up! The neighbors surely must think we are crazy. 

Check out the pear trees and the weeping cherry on the right-hand side of this photo. I love pear trees!

I'll check in as soon as I can from my new digs (except I won't be using my computer in my bedroom, as I've stuck hard and fast to my new rule to keep the computer out of the bedroom.) 


Blessings,

Emily

4 comments:

Rachel Lundy said...

Oh I can't wait to see pictures of your new room! I hope it is beautiful and relaxing.

The views from your Dad's back deck are gorgeous! Oh a cool day, I could recline out there all day long. :)

Anonymous said...

where are you emily? hope your ok....long time no blog!

emily said...

who is my anonymous commenter? :P you have me stumped! :)

Anonymous said...

hehehe, i just came by your blog through surfing the web. i have OI and could relate to some of the things you speak about and enjoy reading about your achievements! Im from Australia!