FAQs

Monday, April 13, 2009

Love At First Sleep





Just a quick check-in regarding my 'new digs'! 

I will get back to blogging, posting pics, Facebooking and emailing as soon as I can but until then I just wanted to pop in and say:

I LOVE my new bedroom.

Even though it is in complete disarray and completely unfinished, I love being in the new space. We are gradually getting each of the things in place. It will still be about a month before everything is done.

When I got back from Dad and Abbie's last week, all that was in my room was my bed, my old nightstand, my bedside stereo and a lamp. And somehow I still fell in love and felt sooo happy in there. I still do. And I also feel more peaceful than I did in my purple room by the end of my time there. Now, I have lights and a TV! We're making progress. :) My dresser right now is a series of laundry baskets on the floor. It works quite well for me. I can just sit on the floor and pick out everything I need in one fell swoop. 

I'm completely beat, as are all of us. As you can see Dad, Mom and Abbie have been tirelessly helping with this whole process.  Here's Dad shampooing the carpet in my 'old' bedroom on Saturday afternoon.

Most days, I feel grateful for the exhaustion that comes from doing the new room and grateful that I can participate in the process at all.  But some days it's pretty overwhelming (and I'm really not doing much of the work at all, especially none of the physical labor)!

I don't have any pics of the new room yet...so you will just have to wait! I can't decide whether to post pics as the process happens or wait until it's complete.

Right now we are living in total chaos and disruption. 

Asher is still a bit confused by the new location. Each night when I tell him to head to bed, he goes into the old bedroom and stands there completely bewildered. I turn the light on for him and tell him that there's nowhere to lie in the room.  He looks around and finally I tell him to head into the new bedroom. Once he's in there, he's completely content.  Last night I didn't even put the baby gate up and he stayed in the bedroom the whole night! Yeah!

So far I've stuck to my new rule of no computer in the bedroom. This means I have to find a new set-up and time to spend on email and blogging.  I've also added in an increase in Lyme meds starting this past weekend and they are taking away quite a bit of the newfound energy I was enjoying! 

So I may be a bit more quiet than usual, but I'm definitely enjoying my new space and the sanctuary it creates.

Off to rest as my shot is kicking in big time!

Blessings,

Emily

Photo:  Dad shampooing the carpets! They were kinda gross! I hope Asher doesn't throw-up as much in the new room!



3 comments:

Rachel Lundy said...

It's great to read an update. I hope you keep enjoying your new room!!!

ss said...

hah! I just moved my computer desk into my bedroom. gotta make room for my "studio". glad it is working out!

SleepingBeauty said...

YEah! on your new in progress room!