FAQs

Monday, April 06, 2009

Last Night In The Purple Bedroom...


Tonight when I crawled into bed my friend Erika (who is here for a visit) took a photo of me to mark my last night in my 'old' bedroom! 

Yes, that's right! It's time to say goodbye to the purple room, my home for the past seven and a half years--seven of which it's been purple (or lavender if you want to be specific). 

I can't even remember what color it was in the Fall of 2001 when I moved back home and into this room after living in an apartment with Jeannine for a 10 wonderful months. I had a major relapse and had to move back home again and in a hurry--where I've been ever since. I've only known this room as a 'sick room'. 

I'm staying with Dad and Abbie on Monday night.  The movers are arriving Tuesday morning to move lots of things from various rooms in the house, up and down the stairs, etc. as we get Mom and I get ready to transition to our new set-up. 

When I get back from my shot on Tuesday afternoon, my bed will be in a very empty, unpainted and chaotic new bedroom! 

We will be sooo relieved when the moving part of things is over. What chaos and disruption! And we're not even moving to a new location...we're just moving things around the house!



Waving goodbye to my old bedroom!!! I think I'm ready for the change...

Blessings,

Emily

Photos:  My last night in my purple bedroom. I think I got a touch of sunburn on my face from sitting outside this afternoon! Thanks to Erika for documenting this big moment! :) Blog post on her coming up next! :)

1 comment:

Rachel Lundy said...

I hope you slept well. I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of your new room!