FAQs

Monday, April 06, 2009

Offline: Next FIVE Days!! (Yikes!)

I'm reporting in from my Dad and Abbie's house, where I'm currently sleeping in another purple bedroom (my stepsister had a purple room too, when she lived here).

This morning I woke up, turned on my computer and discovered that Mom had already disconnected our internet. I think I started twitching. I always start my day off checking in with my little world.

So, I'm just shooting out a little blog post (since most of the folks I communicate with either read my blog or are on Facebook) to let y'all know I'll be offline for at least the next five days while we transition to our new set-up at home.

The movers are coming on Tuesday morning.  The electrician is coming Friday morning. Sometime after that we will get Mom's computer (through which I get my wireless internet) back up and running. 

And sometime after that the furniture will arrive. And the room will get painted. And it will come together. Oh my! Right now all of my clothes are in laundry baskets in the living room. It's a bit chaotic. 

I may be back here Thursday night to stay overnight since the electrician will mostly be working in my new bedroom and I'll at least be able to check my email or write a quick blog post if I'm here with Dad and Abbie.

Any blogs that go out during the period between now and when Mom's computer is back up and running were written in advance and scheduled to post at a later date (I love that feature on blogger!).

The thought of being without internet for so long makes me absolutely grumpy. And I hate that. It's like taking my drug of choice away. Which may be all the more reason I need to learn to take a break. Even if I am twitching from withdrawal! 

I even realized my TiVo box relies on our wireless internet and none of my shows would record this week. Now that is pathetic to get upset about! Thankfully tonight Dad and Abbie tolerated it while I watched some of Dancing with the Stars. I have to admit that my friend, Kristen, totally has me hooked on that show. 

Well...if this new bedroom is supposed to be calming and Zen, I suppose what better time to start learning to be away from my computer than right...NOW! :)

I was already waaaaaay behind on email and really, really, really owe some of you some emails and I apologize that I will not be able to get back to you for even longer now...I think things will settle down sometime in May?! :P 

I'm gonna miss y'all while I'm offline! 

Blessings,

Emily

1 comment:

Rachel Lundy said...

I'm going to miss you, Em! Sorry to hear you're twitching! Hope the withdrawal effects calm down soon. :)