FAQs

Tuesday, April 07, 2009

Goodbye Purple Room


This afternoon (Monday) Dad and Abbie came over to empty out dresser drawers, strip my bed, unplug things, and other miscellaneous in preparation for the movers on Tuesday morning.

After everything was done, I sat on the bed and took one last look around at the room.

For a few moments I felt a bit sentimental. But mostly I felt that I'm not going to miss this room. I'm ready and excited to move into a new space. 

I'm ready to move into a space that hasn't been only a sick room, to move into a space that is more grown up and to say goodbye to my little girl room and say hello to my adult room.

I'm ready.

I'm exhausted from all of the disruption, chaos and planning. But I'm also amazed that I can even tolerate the stress and disruption enough to make this move. I couldn't have done that even a year ago. It's been an all-consuming process in combination with all the medical stuff I have going on. At least I have some energy to be consumed by something other than just medical stuff though.



When I get home tomorrow after my shot, this room will mostly be empty. 

Here are a few pics of the 'ol purple room. It was definitely a princess room!
  
The 'winter bedding' ensemble.  No, Asher did not come with the bedding.


The summer bedding ensemble.

2 comments:

Rachel Lundy said...

Thanks for posting all the pictures! It's fun to see where you've been.

I'm glad you aren't too sentimental about leaving your room. I'm glad that the room switch is exciting for you.

I hope you're enjoying your new room, and I hope that the rest of the room switch and decorating goes smoothly.

Can't wait to see pictures as you're making progress in your new room, and pictures of your completed new room!

Rachel Lundy said...

Hi again, Em. I just wanted to let you know that I nominated you for the Lemonade Stand Award over at my blog. :)