FAQs

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Weekend Update

Hello Family and Friends!


Mom and Asher have already hit the sack. I'm here with the update! :)


We're still navigating things, trying to figure out what's what, and trying to recuperate. Mom has continued to have episodes that we think may be angina. The nitroglycerin seems to help. We've been using it, but we need to learn when to use it and when not to--I don't want to keep handing it out to her like candy! She has episodes at predictable times each day. She's also having an allergic reaction to one of the medications, so she has a nice itchy rash all over her middle. The on-call doctor had her stop her Ace Inhibitor and Lipitor until she can get checked out.


Looks like she'll probably be heading to the doctor again tomorrow! I think I come by  my med sensitivities and complications honestly! :P Of course, I've had about 12 years to get used to this, and she's used to being healthy as a horse. 


It is a bit overwhelming to have two 'patients' in the house. I'm trying to navigate an entirely new path medically for my treatment, and we are trying to learn about all of the things we need to do for Mom's health. Mostly, right now we just want to REST, but it's hard to get it when our bodies don't always cooperate!


Saturday we both completely crashed out in the living room together. We 'watched' the football game (mostly we slept). She's been sleeping pretty well--much better than me, as I'm the hypervigilent one.


Today, Mom said she 'felt like a human being' for the first time since her heart attack. And overall she did much better today. This was very encouraging. 


We also felt well enough to watch a movie together, which was such a nice 'normal' thing to do and a good distraction. It was the first time I've been able to be distracted since this all happened. And, we both felt hungry for the first time today. We had been living on Scott's chicken soup and applesauce as nourishment for body and soul. Today we branched out a bit. :)


So, that's the update for now! 


Continued thanks for EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!! 


Blessings,


Emily





No comments: