FAQs

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Sarah, Bob, and Lanadoodles...





On Friday afternoon we had a visit from Sarah, Bob and Lana.  Even though I feel horrible, look like crap and am always in my PJs, it felt really good to do something that felt 'normal'. I haven't been able to get distracted by anything since Mom's heart attack, but having Sarah, Bob and Lana here did the trick! 


Just today I talked to Mom about continuing to use my blog to update on how she is doing, but also returning to some sort of normalcy by blogging about topics I normally would have blogged about. The transition feels strange, but also important to moving forward with our lives.







This was my first time meeting Lana (also known as Doodles or Lanadoodles :)). It's impossible not to be cheered by her joyful personality and her big smile.  Six months is such a fun age, and Doodles let me hold her and give her a bottle. Sarah and Bob were so laid back about letting me do all of this. My ability to focus on a conversation wasn't too good...so I apologize to them for that!


While they were in town Sarah and Bob took care of shopping for treats for Asher, bringing in our mail, bringing in the trash cans and recycle bins, returning our overdue (oops!) library books, and bringing me new music to listen to (very excited about this!). They probably would have cleaned the whole house if that's what I had asked for. :P

In times like these we often don't know what it is that we need, but Sarah and Bob knew what I needed that day, and I'm so very grateful. Doodles knew too (Her shirt said: Everyone is thankful for Me. :)). 

Blessings,

Emily

Photos: Sarah, Bob and Lana; Doodles flashes a smile for the camera.

No comments: