FAQs

Friday, July 17, 2009

My Nephew Turns ONE!


My nephew, David, just recently turned ONE!

When I asked Carrie if it would be okay for me to post a couple of pictures from his birthday on my blog she said: "Sure. He likes the publicity!"




Apparently, when he rides in his new car he waves and waves even if no one is around to wave to.



This boy is one good eater. His cake was decorated like a remote control (he loves to play with remotes). Good thing I have a lot of those around for next time he comes to visit.


I've gotten to see David on video chat a couple of times since he was here in January. Otherwise, I've seen pictures. I miss him so much!

Video chat is so cool because I can watch him walk around and babble. He waves at the screen and plays peekaboo with me. I do my Beaker impersonation for him and make him giggle. I'm not too sure he's real excited about the whole computer chat thing yet.

Photos of my little nephew absolutely make me smile no matter how bad a day I am having.



When he was here visiting he was JUST learning how to stand with help. Here he is in the recliner with me showing off his new trick! He also learned to pull himself up on things to stand. That just happened in the two days he was here.



And he was eating a lot of peas and other mushy food! Now he's eating cake! In this picture he's covered in peas and flirting with me and Mom.


Here he is with Carrie and Britt watching a video of Beaker on the computer. He was mesmerized! So now his goofy Aunt Emily does Beaker imitations for him.


Happy Birthday Nephew David!

Hope you have a great weekend!

Blessings,

Emily

Photos: David with his new car on his first birthday; Riding in his new car; Eating cake; Eating cake--I have a picture of Carrie doing this exact same thing in college--licking the plate clean!; Learning how to stand when he was here in January; Eating peas and flirting.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Wow, he looks so much like Carrie to me!! So cute! :)
-Emily

Rachel Lundy said...

Happy Birthday to David!