FAQs

Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Rainy Days

Dinner Out at Fibber McGees 


According to the year round residents of Sunset Beach, this has been an unusually cold, rainy and gray winter. We've had quite a few days that were not beach weather! 


We've so enjoyed watching movies together for the first time in a long time, starting Season 1 of Mad Men, listening to/reading books, doing a puzzle, splurging on People magazine (me), writing snail mail, blogging, and making a couple of outings to a local artist's shop, where we each treated ourselves to jewelry. 

We also a discovered a pub (recommended by a friend's relatives) that is only two minutes from us and serves food that is definitely not 'pub fare'. We've been able to go out for dinner twice--we can be there and back in an hour which is perfect for me. 


500 Piece Puzzle: Big Accomplishment!


The development has a little library filled with books and puzzles. I love puzzles, but it has been years since I could sit up long enough to work on one. Above is my big accomplishment! I was over the moon about being able to complete this puzzle.


I Had to Read People While on Vacation

Buying a People magazine was also essential while here. :)

I literally forgot what it meant to be on vacation until this trip. It's a good feeling and I'm so thankful we've gotten to enjoy all of the things that vacation is about--slowing down, unplugging, no to do lists, relaxing, a change of scenery, and fully being together. I'm going to miss our quiet, rainy afternoons together.

Blessings,

Emily




No comments: