FAQs

Sunday, March 09, 2014

Monday Dog Blog: Clean Pups and RBI


After a Long Day

Gershwin and Tovah have always slept with a 'baby' of some sort since the day they joined our family. So, along with their food and treats, 'babies' arrived in the mail for them upon our arrival here. I love how Gershwin is like a little people all snuggled up to his baby.

Since we've been here, G is becoming more and more of a velcro dog, almost looking like he doesn't know what to do with himself if a lap is not available.


Snuggled Up With His Baby

These long days and walks sure are exhausting! These two are always ready for their naps and for bedtime.

We've been amazed by how adaptable the little ones have been--they have been just fine with whatever the day brings. Some days they get several miles of walking and meeting people and going to the beach and some days they just hang out all day with us snuggling in the recliner and resting. They are not too sure about the 30 mph winds we had last week, though.


Clean and Fresh

We took them to a groomer while we are here, and I don't think I have ever seem them so white! :) 


And Very WHITE!

And wonderfully soft and fluffy.


Being Nice

Mom caught this precious moment on camera the other day. As you know, Tovah Rose is pretty particular about her 'space', but since we've been here the two little ones seem to be forming a different type of bond, with less fighting throughout the day. The afternoon of this photo, we caught Tovah Rose cleaning Gershwin's ears, the two of them peacefully co-existing in my lap, and then the two of them 'spooning' one another, just like they used to do as babies. 


Good Buddy, Asher


Dad continues to keep me constantly updated on Asher. Poor guy gets picked on a lot, as you can see from the photo above. Dad stuck a sign on him that said: "GD Buddy" (aka Good Buddy). His iMessage said: "Asher is in my office, as you can see. Big bonding is the name of game today." As you can also see, my dad has the classic absent-minded professor's office.


What Are You DOING to Me, Dad?!


Dad has also taken to calling Asher by yet another nickname: RBI. Asher tends to be a bit of a 'road block' when it comes to getting in the way of our doorways, pathways, etc. He likes to keep an eye on his pack. Dad accidentally typed "RBI" one day, and found he really liked that name, but needed a word for the "I". So, now poor Asher is Road Block Itch.  As in "a vagary of relevant meanings; want to scratch it; is a sorta nice nuisance or distraction."


Guarding the Bedroom Door


iMessage: "RBI!!! See what I mean. Then I go stretch the itch!!!"

The sweet truth of this statement is that Asher cannot scratch his itches anymore, so when he gets an itch, Abbie (and Dad too) try to 'help' him find the itchy spot and scratch it for him. 


RBI


iMessage: "RBI in the way so had to take longer route to office. Exhausting!! But, still, gd for the ticker."

And now you know how I got to be so goofy. My father!

I miss my 
I miss my Asher, but he's so content and well cared for. I know he's living the best end of life experience he cold have with Dad and Abbie. We're all also very grateful he's done well while we are away and no one is faced with any difficult decisions regarding his health.

Happy Monday!

Blessings,

Emily



No comments: