FAQs

Friday, March 07, 2014

Beach StRoll

Family StRoll

We visited the beach on Monday afternoon during low tide, at which time we discovered that Mom can push the Rolls with incredible ease on the sand! 


A Joy to Be So Close to the Water


I cannot even begin to describe how glorious it felt to be 'walking' along the beach.




This week has been unusually rainy and cold, so we haven't been to the beach since Monday. 


Carolina Blue Skies!


It's difficult to believe that we are reaching the halfway point of our six weeks here.




Our time here continues to be relaxing, peaceful, healing and restorative.




Operating at a slower pace, spending more quiet time in the days, taking time for pleasure, and not packing the days full to the brim, has been very good for my ANS. I'm going to need to deeply evaluate how I had been operating at home, because it is not a pace that is sustainable for me or good for my body. Ah, the constant struggle we all have for balance!




It's difficult for me to 'let go' of getting more done in a day, but my body appreciates the reduced stress and tendency to push it past its limits. I so desperately want to take in all that life has to offer, while finding a way to remind myself how much more I can enjoy in a day now than a year ago. I want to be at peace with what I can do and with what I cannot do--without that longing at the end of the day for 'more'. 


Whew. All Pooped Out After Our Beach StRoll.


On the days we are able to go to the beach, the fresh air tires all of us out! We sleep well (which is a miracle for me!). We're hoping this rainy, windy, cold weather will be gone and more beach days will be in store next week!

Blessings,

Emily



No comments: