FAQs

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Like Old Times: Gary and Diane

Buddies: Gary and Tovah Rose

Last Thursday afternoon, we had one more visit: Gary and Diane. What a wonderful reunion! We had not seen them for over twenty years and regret how much time we allowed to pass since seeing them.

Even though so many years had passed since we saw one another, we all settled right into easy conversation. It felt just like old times.



A Great Couple: Diane and Gary


My parents first met Gary in 1971 when they moved to Raleigh, NC for Dad's job. Dad and Gary were in the same department. Diane came into the fold later, and she is wonderful!


Getting Our Fill of Hugs!


Gary introduced us to Emerald Isle, NC, where we spent summer vacations for my entire growing up. I have lots of memories of Gary's big warm hugs, his laughter, and his playfulness. He would take me in the ocean, throw me up in the air, and goof around a lot. :)

As soon as Gary arrived I said I needed one of his special hugs. And we made sure to get in lots of hugs during the visit.



A Happy Reunion

Mom had told Gary and Diane that I don't last very long, so exactly two hours after they arrived they readied to leave. I so appreciated their kindness and consideration. I loved being a part of this reunion, and we all can't wait to see each other again. SOON! Like, maybe this summer. And again next year when we are at the beach! None of this waiting 22 years again.

Thank you so much for making the trip to see us! 

Blessings,

Emily

No comments: