FAQs

Thursday, January 16, 2014

The Organizing Begins

Connie Will Be Using this Box of Paper in her Wood Burner Tonight!

We started off the new year here with our new caregiving group, who is helping us with both personal caregiving and organizing--and it's off to a fantabulous start!

Mom and I have each had a two hour session with Connie and Mary Ann to work on our organizing. Both of us found our time with them to be one of the most stress-free and helpful experiences we have had for this type of thing. 

We have also had one day working with Celina, who coordinates all of the caregiving. She will learn all of the things that I need on a weekly basis, and then teach them to whomever we have as a caregiver. If there is a change in caregivers, Celina will take care of training the new person. I'm really going to miss Celina when she is not here on Fridays!

We're incredibly relieved and grateful to have found Mary Ann, Connie and Celina--whose personalities seem to be a perfect match for us. They are so 'other' focused, so team-oriented, and so thoughtful in their approach to helping others. 


Messy Study and Bare Walls


My first organizing session was focused on my study--a room that has basically been a dropping point for piles since I moved my bedroom in 2009! We're tackling all of those papers and medical records that have been piling up for so many years.

Every time I get sicker or can't keep up, things go in a rubbermaid or basket, get stuffed in a closet and are never seen again. It is a huge relief to have help going through these piles. The three of us can accomplish in a couple of hours what would take me months to do. And I can be in my recliner while Connie and Mary Ann help. 


The Future Dancing Light's Studio

I finally have a vision for my study. It will be so nice not to have bare walls and to have some order in here. Since my blog is A Dancing Light, and named after how I want my spirit to be, I am hoping to make this study Dancing Light's Studio! :)

I finally feel excited about the new space because I have the help to make it a reality!


So. Many. Piles. Of. Paper.

For caregiving, Celina is helping to do things like make a week's worth of green juice, freezing it in individual servings; making a week's worth of smoothies frozen into servings; putting my laundry away and keeping my closet and drawers in order; keeping my bathroom cleaned up; folding sheets and towels.

If time allows as we get in a groove with this organization, they will help me with anything--even helping me to plant flowers or vegetables! 

The help of Mary Ann, Connie and Celina, in addition to the extra rides from Dad and Abbie and care for Asher are starting our year off with new hope.

It's so exciting to have helpful help that with time will truly improve our lives.

Blessings,

Emily

No comments: