FAQs

Sunday, January 12, 2014

Monday Dog Blog: Quality Time with Asher

You Put this Pillow Here Just for Me? Thank you!


In puppy news, we still get our daily entertainment from these two. Mom snapped this photo on her iPad this morning, sent it to me in an iMessage and I woke up to this photo of our little princess on her perch.


Need Company, Mom?


I have a notecard from a dog site that says: "Never be alone again." On it is a photo of three dogs keeping someone company in the potty. Well, as you can see, Gershwin and Tovah Rose thought Mom needed some company.


Pet Me!

Gershwin continues to believe that his sole purpose in life is to be petted. All. Of. The. Time.


Snuggle Time with Asher


Most of our week, though, has been centered around our sweet Fuzz Face. We brought him home this weekend from Dad and Abbie's so that I could spend some extra time with him.


This Will Always Be 'Asher's Spot'


My very favorite time of day with Asher is before bed, when I listen to my audiobook and pet him for a an hour or two, while I try to wind my body down for sleep. 


Sweet Fuzz Face


Asher is still able to rest comfortably, and I think the two of us both savor this time together.


With A Sweet Nose

We took him to the vet on Thursday for PT and a check up with the vet at the specialty clinic. Asher continues to be more painful, showing pain on the exam in his neck and lower spine, where he had not before. 

Basically, there are no interventions left to do. We have put him on oral steroids just to see if we can take the edge off of the pain a bit more but we have decided, together as a family, with our vets, and with the PT, that it is almost time to let Asher go. 


Paws


The vet reassured me that I can go to sleep at night knowing that I have done everything I can to help Asher. At this point, his spine is just so unstable and his shoulder so sore.


Still Loves His Supper!

We are taking Asher to visit his favorite friends (Anne, Alexandra, Scott, Marge, and the groomer). This weekend he got to kiss Alexandra and Anne to his heart's content.

And I'm getting in as much cuddle time as I can with him during the brief interludes he is home. It's mostly my decision now as to when I put him down…and I'm just not quite there...yet.


Arriving at Dad and Abbie's!


He's heading back to Dad and Abbie's for the week, where he is always content, loved and happy. He was so excited to arrive there when we got there on Thursday after his vet appointment. He's still eating well, able to go outside to the potty, and ask for treats. But the pain is clearly becoming more than we want to let him continue to bear.


So Happy to Arrive at D and A's.

I'm off to snuggle with him for a while now. 

Blessings,

Emily


No comments: