FAQs

Sunday, January 26, 2014

Monday Dog Blog: Kisses

Mr. Kisses

If you don't like lots (LOTS) of kisses or a dog that jumps up with excitement every time he sees you, a Soft-Coated Wheaten Terrier isn't the dog for you. Wheatens are famous for their kisses, jumping up, a wonderfully soft coat, a playful spirit, and an infectious joie de vivre.


Um, Yuck?!

Asher can no longer fetch his ring, run in the snow, jump up or do much else, but he can still give LOTS of kisses. 


Time with Some of His Favorite People

The good news to report here is that Asher has stabilized and actually improved, thanks to the steroids that have gotten his pain levels more tolerable. 

As Abbie wrote tonight: 
"Asher is doing very well. He is doing his usual sleeping, but is very excited about food, treats, meds and going outside to eat snow. He prefers it over water, I'm pretty sure!"


The Things We Do For Love


This means Dad and Abbie will be taking care of him while we are away at the beach, and we will not make any end-of-life decisions before we leave. If a pain flare occurs, our vets know what they need to do to keep him comfortable until we arrive home.


Who Wants Kisses Next?


When I took Asher over to visit Miss A and family, Scott got our his fancy camera and snapped a bunch of photos. In going through them just now, I realized how many of the shots had Asher sticking his tongue out! 


I Think I Missed a Spot Miss A!

I think he spent the whole visit kissing someone. 


Look at My Sweet Fuzz Face

Since Asher hasn't been able to sleep on my bed anymore and is no longer at home with us most of the time, I've had a really difficult time falling asleep. I'm used to him sleeping next to me, my arm draped over him, until I fall asleep, then jumping off the bed to sleep on the floor the rest of the night.


Fuzz Face, Mr. Fuzz, Monsieur Le Fuzz: All Names Courtesy of Miss A's Family


It's amazing how we become accustomed to these creatures and their comforting ways.


Thanks for the Big Bowl of Water, Scott!


I find that I don't want to turn off the light at night because he's not with me. Sleep has been challenging, so we're working on that!


Photo Op


Hopefully, with time the Little Ones will learn to snuggle in the same ways, but for now they still sleep in their crates at night.


Miss A and Mr. Fuzz

As you can see, Asher still has a little light left in him and he's not quite ready to leave this world.

Happy Monday!

Blessings,

Emily

No comments: