FAQs

Sunday, January 19, 2014

Monday Dog Blog: Asher Goes Visiting



Photo Collage by Marge: Asher and Dessa


Asher got to visit for the weekend for lots of snuggle time, harassment by the puppies and a special trip to see his good friends and neighbors, Marge and Dessa. For the most part, Asher is a 'four person' dog. He likes Mom, Dad, Abbie and me. Period. Otherwise, when other people are in our home, he is very stressed (not in a mean way, just in an anxious way). Off of our territory, he loves everyone. But he has a special place in his heart for Miss Alexandra's family, as well as Marge, who has taken care of him a few times.

Let's just say that Asher had a really good weekend. His tail has been up, he's been begging for food and treats, he couldn't wait to go see Marge, he nuzzled his face in the snow, ate a good bit of snow, and was super excited to see Marge. We want him to see his favorite people before he can't enjoy the visiting.

Really? You're Going to let G Bug Me?

Gershwin cannot resist playing with Asher and, this weekend, Asher took the bait! :)


Best Buddies and Brothers

The little ones were so excited when Asher arrived home they had to sniff every inch of the poor guy.


Brother and Sister

Protege

It's a good thing Asher stuck around long enough to teach this little guy how to be a master cuddler and comforter.


Sunning

Asher could be with us for a while longer or a very short time. The steroids have definitely given him a little boost. He has good days and bad days. This weekend, he had all good days.


Photo Session

He went to the groomer on Friday to get clean and brushed, so he had a big photo session afterwards. :)




As you can tell, I'm a little sentimental about this guy. I'm taking every opportunity to be with him while I can.



I've been struggling with a lot of anxiety about how I will know when it is 'time' to put Asher down. I have been told that he will tell me. 

I have also been told that I don't want to do it too soon, nor do I want to wait too long. There's a lot of gray are in there! 

I don't want to wait until it's all bad days for him. 




I'm not sure I've ever been as attached to a dog as I am to Asher. 




As I cuddle with him at night, petting him for an hour or two while we quietly rest together, I think of all the years this has been part of my daily routine. My hands have memorized his body from so many hours of petting him while I felt unwell. He's been such a loyal friend and incredible comfort to me throughout my illness.



Now that he can no longer stay on my bed at night (I lift him down after cuddle time), it's increasingly difficult for me to fall asleep because I've become so accustomed to him next to me.


Snowy Fuzz Face

It was fun to see him show a little zip this weekend.



And to have the whole pack together for a little while.

The Three Muskateers

Every time the little ones go outside, they sit and wait for a treat. Whether Asher has been out or not, he wants one too. I take the opportunity to try to get a shot of all three dogs together!


Three in a Row

Happy Monday!

Blessings,

The GREATs




2 comments:

Marjie said...

Emily, what a sweet baby! So glad I found your blog! (this is Marjie by the way!) Can't wait to keep reading, and can't wait to get together soon! Sending hugs, Marjie

Marjie said...

Emily, what a sweet baby doggie! So glad I found your blog! (this is Marjie by the way!) Can't wait to keep reading, and can't wait to get together soon! Sending hugs, Marjie