FAQs

Saturday, September 14, 2013

Mini-Reunion: Mack and Robin

Mack and Robin

Hadley arrived in May, Loralea in June, and then Mack in August! Like Hadley, I had not seen Mack since graduation 15 years ago. He has offered to come visit several times, but I allowed my fear of letting him see me sick interfere with that happening. As I said in my earlier post life is too precious and too short for me to keep on with that attitude, so Mack came for a visit this summer with his fiancee, Robin.


He and Robin gifted me with a gorgeous red clutch that I will treasure and will make me think of Davidson and our friendship every time I use it. Go Cats!



Mack, Robin, Me

Mack is another person with whom I have stayed connected with through Facebook and with whom I wish I had spent more time with at Davidson. He's the kindest, gentlest, smartest soul. He's famous for his wonderful hugs, so I made sure he gave me fifteen--one for each year we haven't seen each other! I'm truly sorry we waited so long to see each other.


Dr. Mack is also allowing me to open up to him about medical issues and talk through them with him. I have never wanted to burden him with asking for medical advice, but it's invaluable to have a friend talk to me about very difficult decisions--a friend who has my absolute best interests at heart.



Mack and Me!
When I announced it was 'picture time', Mack enthusiastically said: "Yay! It's my turn to get a photo taken on the couch!" Yes, every visitor must take a photo sitting on the couch in the sunroom. :)
Seeing Mack in person really affirmed our connection with each other and commitment to our friendship. His fiancee, Robin, is fantastic about making sure Mack's Davidson friends are part of his life and she's made him so very happy, which is wonderful to see. Thankfully, they don't live too far away and we hope to see more of each other! I was so happy to meet Robin and finally hug Mack again. 

Blessings,

Emily


No comments: