FAQs

Monday, September 02, 2013

Labor Day Picnic


All Decked Out for the Party!

Happy Labor Day!

We hope you didn't labor on Labor Day!

            
Miss Kaylee and Gershwin

We were able to have our 2nd Annual Neighborhood Labor Day Picnic on Sunday!

Penelope Stylin' in her Shades with Mama Andrea

Just being able to say "picnic" makes me happy. 


Danielle and Laura


To be able to add "2nd Annual" to that makes me even more happy! 


Jennifer (also our vet!) and Mark

And saying "Neighborhood" is the cherry on top!

We had our first picnic last year with the same group of neighbors. Since getting sick, we had never felt that we could plan a picnic or that I would feel well enough to enjoy it. Last year was so much fun (and it was meant to be posted as a LIGHT of 2012, but I got behind!). 


Andrea and Jason

Having a party at our house felt like such a huge milestone. I was so excited to be able to have one again this year! Getting to do 'normal' things brings me incredible joy. Our neighbors are all great about accepting my illness. They know I need to recline, they know I'll crash out afterwards, they know the heat is hard for me, they don't mind me decked out in my pink cooling vest, they offer to get me what I need. It's great to be with such a loving, accepting group of people. 

Pure Joy! Tovah, Allison (Jennifer and Mark's Daughter), Tegan (Danielle and Laura's Daughter)

The kids kept us laughing the entire time. Tovah wasn't too interested in the water, but Gershwin had a blast.


Gavin, Barb and Mark (Kaylee is their daughter).

We have such a nice group of neighbors all in the same age group. I'm really enjoying being able to grow in my connectedness with our neighbors. 

Guess Who? BFF Jeannine!


We have so many lovely neighbors, but we really had to just choose a few to invite in order to make the party manageable for Mom and me.


Gershwin was Game for Anything!

The kids decided it was too hot for clothes. :) Gershwin also decided the pool would be lots of fun. A baby pool, my old super soakers, some cups and a dog willing to participate in water games made for a lot of fun!

That is One Cool Wagon!

We kept it simple: BBQ Beef sandwiches, non-alcoholic beverages, dessert. Everyone else brought a dish. 

Hey Look Mommy! That was FUN!

Gershwin tore around the yard, running in and out of the pool. He slept well after the party.

All Tuckered Out After the Party

None of us are laboring on Labor Day here. I'm having a pajama day to recuperate! 

I can't think of a better way to end what has been an incredibly joyful, happy summer. 

It's hard to believe that last year Miss Tovah was just a baby, and Gershwin had yet to join our family. Here are a few pics from last year's First Annual Labor Day Picnic!

Baby Tovah Rose snuggled with her 'boyfriend', John, the whole time. Look how small Allison is here!

The Hostess With The Mostess! What a Great Job My Mom Does!

Me and Anissa. We Missed Having Anissa and John This Year!

Mmmm. That Was Some Good Chocolate, says Penelope.



We hope to see everyone again next year for a Third Annual Labor Day Picnic!

Blessings,

Emily



No comments: