FAQs

Monday, September 30, 2013

Farm Supper



Farm and Valley


We're locavores. Over the years, I've become increasingly passionate about making the best choice for our local farmers, our environment, the animals, and our health. A favorite outing for me is a trip to the Tuesday farmers market or to pick up or farm share on Thursday afternoons. Free range chicken, pork and eggs, local baked goods and beautiful organic fruits and vegetables feed our stomachs and our souls in our home.

One of Mom's most time-consuming jobs is cooking for my health and my various dietary restrictions and needs.




Here's Where The Veggies and Fruit Grow!


On Saturday, the couple who runs our CSA had a dinner at their farm, where we got a driving tour of their 15 acres of beautiful crops and everyone brought a dish to share. Sara and Dave tend to their farm with such love and passion, it comes through in everything they do. We are so grateful to them for the incredible work they do and for the amazing produce they provide.



A Beautiful Evening


Where we live is beautiful to me. I was delighted to see the farm and where our food is coming from.




Owen Pauses to Say "Cheese" for the Camera


We got to see my friend Catie, her husband Nat, and son Owen. What is a farm supper without being serenaded with original music and lyrics by a two year old and his guitar? Happy Birthday Vacuum Cleaner, anyone? 



Uh-Oh. The Frog is Asked to Take Over for Owen.


After Owen finished singing, the frog chair took over playing guitar.


Dave and Sara's Tractor, Barney


The before dinner highlight was that of Dave demonstrating how to use his 1930's potato digger. Honestly, this was fascinating! 


Potato Digger

If you want to ever have a day off or work fewer than 16 hours a day, running an organic farm may not be your profession of choice. 


Voila! Potatoes!

Almost magically, the potatoes are dug up and ready to harvest.


It's Like Magic how the Potatoes Appear


After dinner, everyone took big bags and filled them lots of potatoes to take home.




Hoop House



Sunset and Butternut Squash

As the sun was setting, folks also ventured into the butternut squash field to gather as many squash as they could carry.


Have I Mentioned How Pretty it is Where we Live?


We headed home with full bellies (maybe too full from that pumpkin pie I ate?!) and knowing how fortunate we are to be nourished by local food, such as Sara and Dave's.

I have been seeking out every opportunity I have to embrace life and the bits of energy I have.

Blessings,

Emily

1 comment:

Rachel Lundy said...

Oh my goodness, what a treat! I'm so happy that you and your mom get to go away for a month! I hope that it will be a fun, relaxing, and refreshing month for both of you.