FAQs

Thursday, September 19, 2013

Lunch with Mizuki

Reunion!


After our big surprise of my former Japanese neighbors showing up on our doorstep, the reunion continued yesterday when Mizuki came over for an all-American lunch. She stayed in town with friends for a month, while the rest of her family returned to Japan. 

Mom made a classic meal of homemade chicken nuggets, fresh local roasted potatoes, local salad greens and tomatoes, fresh fruit and chocolate tortes for dessert. Mizuki said Mom's chicken nuggets were better than McDonald's. :)


American Gear

Mizuki and Misaki love their iPhones, so I found some really fun little iPhone cases that also hold a couple of other items. I really wanted them to have something American to use, since they have gifted me with beautiful Japanese items. Plus, now Mizuki, Misaki and I will all be in much better touch with email, Facebook and photos! 


I Look Like a Giant Next to Her!


I haven't seen Mizuki in 12 years. Now she's all grown up, working and tutoring elementary students in English, and still the sweet, gentle soul I remember. I really hope we don't have to wait another 12 years to see each other again, to hug again, and to catch up. Next time we also hope Misaki can come! 

I love this girl!

Blessings,

Emily

No comments: