FAQs

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Dad Gets TLC from Asher (at home)...

Dad is HOME! :)


This afternoon I received the following phone call:


D: I have some good news. Well, I think it is good news.


Me: What?


D: Well, they are ready to send me home, but they are concerned about me taking it easy when I get home and not pushing too hard too fast. 


Me: Yes, I'm worried about that too.


D: Sooo, I have worked out a compromise with them. I can go home as long as I have Asher to take care of me and help me take it easy.


Me: What?


D: We will be getting out of here soon, and will stop over at your place to pick Asher up on our way home.


At this point he really had me believing that he wanted Asher for comfort. (Asher is the king of taking care of sick people, as you know.). I don't know how I fell for this from Dad. 


Finally, I hear Abbie in the background telling me not to fall for Dad's plan. I DID end up making the great sacrifice of offering that Asher go over to be with Dad today, but we ended up planning for Asher to go over tomorrow instead. As most of you know, I am with Asher ALL of the time and hate being apart from him even when he is at the groomer or when we make our trips to see Dr. Complex!


Once I figured out that Dad was pulling my leg, I told him I would talk to him later and that he must be feeling just fine to be so full of himself!


Your brother Darrell/Uncle Darrell is back in full form it seems! 


It is going to be hard to get him to take it easy. He had already been on email this afternoon after he got home from the hospital. I told him that Asher has requested a LOT of cuddle time and undivided attention, that Dad must sit on the reclining sofa and pet Asher all day long. 


Blessings, 


Emily

No comments: