FAQs

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

First Day Of Fall Outing


Mom took me (and Asher) to another park today that we had never been to. It's literally five minutes from our house, so we were able to go for a short time and come home. This barn with lovely horses outside is right in the middle of the park! Everything has been developed around this area, but this little spot has been preserved.

The park has several paths, benches throughout, lovely open spaces, a playground, a pavilion, and a dog park. I'd love to take Asher to the dog park, but I'm just not quite sure how he would do.

In the photo below you can see a large area behind the barn full of little gardens. This community garden has hundreds of parcels for people to rent and plant their goodies. Amazing!



I'm in the midst of what's been a stressful and frustrating medical phase right now. Yesterday, I was so stressed and my ANS was so out of control that I think I reached a level of not being able to calm it down. I was awake until after 6 am this morning.

I was exhausted today, but also really needed an outing to try to calm down and put things in perspective. So off to the park we went! Once we get outside in the fresh air and the beauty of nature my entire body calms down. I could, however, do without the ragweed this time of year.





I am so grateful to Mom for giving me a little noodge and making me go out today. I haven't blogged about the medical stuff yet because so much is still in flux. I finally have an appointment on Friday with my PCP to see if she is on board with the next step in the Lyme treatment, and I'll hopefully update my blog then. The last two weeks have no longer felt in any way like a 'vacation' from treatment.



Going to the park today was a great thing to do to celebrate the first day of Fall. In Jewish tradition, the time between Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur is seen as a time for introspection and reflection, so I'm really trying to keep my focus on that also.

I wasn't up to being out for more than a short outing today, so I'm looking forward to going back to this park again and checking out the many other paths!

Blessings,

Emily

Photos: Small farm in the middle of the park; Community garden area; Large open areas around the park; Paths to st-roll on

1 comment:

Katherine said...

Glad you got outside for a little bit. What an interesting place--and so nearby! What is the name of the park? We are trying to create something similar here.

So sorry about the lack of sleep and your anxiety re treatments. I am thinking of you!