FAQs

Thursday, September 24, 2009

Autumn Begins


In honor of the start of Fall, I took a few photos around the yard earlier in the week.

The sedum are extremely rich in color this Fall. Perhaps because of the cooler summer?



The burning bush beginning to change. This is the bush we planted when I marked my 10 year anniversary of getting sick.



Yellow mum. Check out the bug hanging out on the flower!



White mums.

When I was a little girl my parents would say: "Look at that sunset! Isn't it beautiful?" I would look at them like they were soooo boring to think a sunset was interesting! They would always mention the beauty around us, but it wasn't until after I got sick that I really started to pay attention to the beauty that was right in front of me all along. Now I seek it out and immerse myself in it more and more each year.

It sure did take a long time for me to appreciate their attention to the beauty of nature. Oh, how I have tried my parents' patience over the years.



Aster.

I told Mom how much I enjoy observing the fruits of her labor!

I am still wondering how it got to be Fall already. Nonetheless, hope yours is off to a beautiful start!

Blessings,

Emily

Photos: Plants around the yard: Sedum; Burning bush; Mums, Aster.


No comments: