FAQs

Sunday, September 06, 2009

Asher: To The Park!


Ready to go.

Why so many pictures of my goofy dog all of the time? Because he has so much joie de vivre! Because he keeps me in the moment. Because he provides so much comfort to me. Because I wish I could get so excited about a car ride, a walk or a treat!

Plus he has so much personality. Neither of our previous dogs had quite as much personality as Asher does. He keeps me and mom entertained all of the time. He makes us laugh so much. He can, of course, drive us crazy too and he is a handful!

Once we worked with a dog trainer who said that the bond Asher had with me was one you could not put a price on. At the time, I didn't realize the truth of his statement. But he was 100% right. I have always loved our dogs, but never have I had a bond like I do with Asher--most likely because of my life circumstance and his need to 'take care of me'. We're together almost 24/7.

The trip to the state park would have been peaceful without him, but so much less fun!




On the way to the park. Taking in the fresh air. Check out his tongue!



Aaah, the fresh mountain air.




Hanging out with me by the stream.




Big yawn.




Very handsome.



First adventure in a stream.

Here he is drinking some water. Finally, we got him to cross the stream but it took him a long time and a lot of encouragement before he did it! Once he got in the water he ran out so fast he slipped all over the rocks.

He spent a long time just trying to get into the stream, trying to find a way down the rocks, whining to get in, but then once he got in I don't think he was too sure about it all.


On the way home. All pooped out.


Just as I hope you had some peaceful moments over the holiday weekend, I hope you had some ones that made you smile too!


Blessings,

Emily

Photos: Asher's adventures at state park.

1 comment:

Emily said...

What a great day! Dogs are so unbelievably wonderful! :)