FAQs

Monday, November 05, 2007

Diane and Michael: The Comfort of Family (and Really Yummy Food!)



A week ago today, Diane and Michael travelled here for an afternoon visit. To us, although we are not 'blood relatives,' we are family. Diane is the sister of my Aunti Vicki, who was the wife of my Uncle Stan (my mom's brother). Are you keeping this all straight? My Aunti Vicki is no longer with us, as she died in 2003. (May her memory be a blessing.)
Our Jewish side of the family is very small, so we hold onto those we have. In typical Jewish style, Diane arrived with TONS of food! She kept us fed for an entire week with the most delicious salads--tuna and salmon, both of which were the best I've ever tried! (Sorry Mom!). She also brought us salad, turkey, and soup! We were well fed this past week. Diane worked so hard to make food that met all of my dietary needs (and did a great job)--I think she's the first person to attempt to provide us with food given all of my food restrictions!
We hadn't seen Diane and Michael for two years, when they came for a visit with my cousin Dana. At that time I was still so incredibly sick from the gallbladder surgery and still had not started treatment for Lyme disease. I remember visiting with them, struggling through the hour and a half I spent with them during lunch.
This time they were here for almost 4 hours! I hope that they enjoyed the visit as much as I did. It was so wonderful and easy to be with them. And Mom and I really appreciate the effort people make to travel here despite their already busy schedules.
I think my mom actually pooped out before I did! Ha! I was pretty wiped that evening, but I always feel that the price is worth it. They came right in between my cycle of increasing antibiotics, so it worked out perfectly.


Thank you Diane and Michael for a wonderful, wonderful visit!
Blessings,
Emily
P.S. Uncle Stan, I promise that YOU will be next on my blog!

Posted by Picasa
Photos: Diane and Michael, who have been married almost 40 years!
Diane, Mom (the one-armed bandit) and I.
Me and Mom--both on the 'Disabled List'!

No comments: