FAQs

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving!

"Not what we have, but what we enjoy, constitutes our abundance."
--J. Petit-Senn--

"Joy is the simplest form of gratitude."
--Karl Barth--



"...the thankful heart...will find, in every hour, some heavenly blessings."
--Henry Ward Beecher--


Okay, I admit it, I LOVE the cartoon Mutts. As most of you know, reading is incredibly difficult for me, but Mom often clips or marks interesting or important things for me to read from the newspaper. Sometimes Mutts falls into the 'important' category! This week Patrick McDonnell, author of the Mutts cartoon, shared these quotes. The first quote was Mooch's Thanksgiving thought, the second was Earl's, and the third was Woofie's. Of course, Mooch is playing with his 'little pink sock' while thinking about abundance! Wonder if Asher ever has such deep and profound thoughts on life? Haha!

I thought the quotes perfectly summed up Thanksgiving.

Recently, after my birthday, I remarked to Jeannine that I often felt overwhelmed and humbled by the abundance in my life. Awestruck, Jeannine just said, "Yeah, I'm not sure if I could do that in your situation." She then told me the story of another close friend of hers who said, "I have suffered so much in my life, that the joys are so much sweeter." I said, "Yes, that is so true."

Some days it is much, much harder to hold on to these feelings. And I don't always do the best at it. Sometimes (okay, often) I want so much more than this life has given me. Still, I am always able to find 5 things to write in my 'grateful journal'. Today is a good reminder to keep trying to see the abundance and the blessings and to keep being thankful for what I do have.

Blessings to you and Happy Thanksgiving!


Emily


Photos: Mums by the mailbox

1 comment:

Melanie said...

(((HUG)))

These quotes are great!

And you are one of the people I am grateful for!!

Happy Thanksgiving Dear Em!