FAQs

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Sick on Top of Sick

Lantana at the Arboretum

I have no idea why, but for most of my illness I have not gotten other bugs on top of what I already have. This is unusual. But I have no complaints about it because I don't tolerate the flu shot and I don't really need to feel worse than I already do.

I am not writing this post because anything dramatic is going on, but because I've been much more quiet on my blog, unable to keep up with my grateful posts, and many people have noticed my references to feeling more poorly lately. So, here's a little medical update. 

I often get asked for medical updates…I'm just so bad about making time to write them!


Love this Color Combo!

About three weeks ago, I finished a round of heavy duty antibiotics (Cipro) to treat possible Small Intestinal Bacterial Overgrowth (SIBO), which can contribute to gastroparesis. During that time, I started to feel worse: more fatigue, more OI symptoms.

I just assumed that as I got farther away from being on the antibiotics, I'd start to feel better.

I didn't.

A week ago, I developed a sore throat. Then hoarseness. Then a cough.


Pink and Yellow! :)


It's often so difficult to tease out with me what is going on. At first we thought I was reacting to the new cholesterol medication I'm on (and I still may be because of the increased fatigue for three weeks), but it appears I may actually just have something COMMON this time. :) Ha! Whatever virus that is going around town right now, I seem to have caught.

So, I've just had to lay extra low and cancel all of my appointments so my body can use its energy for healing. 

I've missed writing my grateful posts and hope I'll be back at it soon! We're keeping our fingers crossed that this is no more than a common virus and I'll bounce back to the level of functioning I had so been enjoying.

Blessings,

Emily

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Emily! BE really careful if you are on statins for cholesterol.
They are very dangerous especially for people with mitochondrial problems, which I'm guessing you do as chronic lyme affects mito production.

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2010/06/12/unintended-statin-sideeffect-risks-uncovered.aspx

More people actually die on statins than if they remained untreated. Not all cholesterol is bad.