FAQs

Saturday, November 16, 2013

Story Corps with Dad

"100 years from now, what will it mean to have recorded and preserved the voices and experiences of everyday people?"
--Story Corps Website--


Our Story Corps Pic


Our local NPR station has been doing its own version of the national project known as Story Corps

In August, Dad and I traveled to one of the agricultural exhibitions in town to record an interview together--me interviewing him about what it was like growing up on a farm in Iowa.

NPR has been a part of the fabric of our lives for so long,, and Story Corps is such a special project. When Story Corps has traveled to other places near us, I've not felt well enough to even consider going. But this year, I was able to go! And, the topic was a perfect one to do with Dad.

I so loved interviewing Dad for 45 minutes about growing up on the farm. He has so many good stories to tell and such a good memory for his life experiences.

Our interview will be airing on our local station on Monday. For privacy reasons, I have not posted the link to the interview, but if you'd like to hear it please shoot me an email and let me know, or check out the family website and check under 'News' for the link.



Father's Day: Asher Won't Hold Still!


Dad and I have had a good year together, filled with some really special bonding. I don't know what it is about girls and their dads, but sometimes these relationships can be hard. Dad and I are sticking it out and trying to be better in our father-daughter bond. He keeps sticking by me, supporting me so much through this illness. I'm very blessed to have parents who can and will financially support me--not only my medical needs but my enjoyment of life as well. I always worry about being a bag lady!


I Guess I Wore the Same Dress for Both Events?!


For Father's Day, I was able to take him out to lunch at a Japanese restaurant, and for his birthday we were able to go to lunch at a fun little local coffee shop. This is the first year I've ever been able to go out to eat meals! 

Blessings,

Emily

No comments: