FAQs

Saturday, May 07, 2011

Happy Mother's Day

Weeping Cherry tree in full bloom a couple of weeks ago in our front yard.


Mother's Day blessings to all of the wonderful and loving mothers I am blessed to know, to all of the amazing women who mother me, to all of the women who long to be mothers themselves, to all of you missing your own mother, to all of you missing a child how has passed on too soon, and most of all, Happy Mother's Day to my own mom.


I have been blessed with Abbie, aunts, friends, grandmothers, and so many beautiful women who have mothered and continue to mother me. I thank you all for this. I am wiser and more fully myself because of you. 


At the end of every day, no matter how hard the day, someone has always mothered me. I am a very, very, very lucky woman. I am also getting to watch many of my friends grow into amazing mothers themselves.


Each day, I feel brought down to my knees with gratitude and appreciation for all that my own mother does for me. My mom plays more roles than most moms do for their 35 year old daughters from chef to friend to occupational therapist. Just the other day, she bought a bunch of pansies and potting soil. She filled a large pot with the potting soil so that I could plant the pansies. While I planted the pansies, I realized that Mom had basically come up with some fun occupational and physical therapy for the day--she had gone to the store, bought the supplies, and made the activity doable for me. This may seem simple or insignificant. But such gestures, that occur day in and day out, change the course of my days, especially because they are done with such intuitiveness. Planting the pansies was my main activity for the day.


We've found a way to take an unexpected and difficult situation and love each other more deeply and more fully. She's my closest confidante, my mother, my caregiver, and my role model.


Day in and day out, intuitively, selflessly and lovingly I am nurtured, I am cared for, I am hugged, I am fed good food, I am listened to, I am encouraged, I am asked what I need, I am loved.


I love you Mom.




Blessings,


Emily

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My Dearest "Sweetpea,"

I LOVE YOU BACK a million times over.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxox Mom