FAQs

Thursday, January 06, 2011

Happy New Year!

Yikes! Live lobsters in the fridge!


We had a lovely New Year's Eve here! We hadn't planned anything, but when I woke up on Friday I discovered that Mom had run to the store, faced the crowds, and bought us fresh lobster! We also toasted the New Year with champagne.


I admit I was a bit freaked out by the sound of the live lobsters in the fridge, but it was so much fun. I don't think I have had lobster for 20 years? Not sure why I waited so long! Here are a few photos from our lobster adventure...

Ready for the lobsters


I did not witness the 'killing of the lobster' as I was still napping when Mom started dinner. I think this was for the better. 


Ta da! Here they are!


Better wear those glasses and make sure you don't miss any of the lobster meat!

I was able to sit at the table for part of dinner and crack the lobster, but after a while I got tired, and had to move to my usual dinner location in the reclining chair. I still think the lobster was worth all of the extra hard work. :) 

That evening we crawled into my bed to watch the New Year's Eve concert on PBS (fantastic and just my 'speed') and then flipped over to another channel to watch the ball drop. Mom 'napped' during the concert and woke up in time for midnight.

Earlier in the day, Dad and Abbie had come over to exchange holiday gifts, which made for a lovely day spent with family. I will post those pics in my next blog!

This was the best New Year's in a long time. Mom was awake at midnight. Dad called at midnight. I texted with a couple of people. We had a wonderful, memorable meal. The concert was amazing. The afternoon with Dad and Abbie was great. I also felt 'well' enough to enjoy it all. I payed a price for it all on the 1st, but it was definitely worth it.

I am so very sad that my 'staycation' is over and it is 'back to work'. Boo! As you can tell, I'm still on 'staycation' when it comes to blog topics...

Wishing you a blessed 2011,

Emily


1 comment:

SR said...

Right on Renee! Love the pic with your big boiling pot pulling those beauties out ready for the table! Happy New Year to you all in Pennsylvania!slanlusan