FAQs

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Rebekah and Mr. Snuggles

Rebekah and I enjoying our Thai lunch. Kale is not so sure about things yet.

Two of my favorite people came for lunch today. :) Rebekah and I are trying to squeeze in a couple more visits before Baby #2 arrives.


Where is your belly button, Kale?




It takes Kale a while to warm up, but once he does, he's lots of fun. Upon arrival, he usually has an 'I'm not so sure about this' look on his face. Mom says he reminds her of how I was as a child.


Where are your teeth, Kale? 


Kale is at a really fun age (a little under two). He makes it difficult for Rebekah and I to solve any of the world's problems (as we used to do), but that is okay! Instead he teaches me where his nose, eyes, ears, tongue, hair, toes and tongue are. This is useful to know also.


Snuggle time.


Kale actually snuggled with me today! This is a first, and it was just what my weary soul needed.


Adorable.

As always, I'm so grateful for Rebekah's friendship and for being a part of Kale's life. 


Adorable, too, right? :)



After Rebekah and Kale left, it started snowing a beautiful snow. I indulged in a brownie as I watched the snow fall. And opened a snail mail package that warmed my soul. 

The afternoon provided a much needed gift in the midst of the continued challenges.

Blessings,

Emily



3 comments:

Ellen said...

Love it. Happy times.

Alia Gee said...

bwa he is so cute. and he looks like he's a good snuggler, too. if i could package up some Sam cuddles (a little pointier, he's all knees and elbows--but very enthusiastic) i would ship some to you.

magpie said...

yay for snail mail packages and little kiddo snuggles! Love and hugs!