FAQs

Monday, December 09, 2013

Iowa Time: Aunt Judi and Uncle Paul


Uncle Paul, Tovah Rose, Aunt Judi, Me, Gershwin, Dad, Abbie


This has been a year full of "I haven't done this in 15 years!" I was so busy participating in all of these events I never got to blog about them. 


Brother and Sister: Do You Think They Look Alike?


In April, my Aunt Judi (one of Dad's eight sisters) and her husband, Uncle Paul, stopped by to see us on their way to travel in Washington, DC for the cherry blossom festival. 

As I've mentioned before, I haven't seen most of my dad's family since my last trip to Iowa in 1998. This is certainly one of my greatest heartbreaks, especially because I missed so many years of seeing my grandmother before she died.


Do I Look Like This Side of the Family? Or My Mom's Side?


Judi and Paul are two family members I haven't seen in 15 years, but I have seen two of their sons, Rob and Doug (and the last time I was in Iowa was for Rob's wedding).


Uncle Paul and Mom


Usually when we would travel to Iowa, we would often be in large, lively, loud groups of people and didn't get a lot of one on one time. (You can imagine, right?! I know it's still this way because when Dad and Abbie go to Iowa he is so busy talking I can't get a hold of him!) 

Being able to spend an afternoon with Judi and Paul was so special because we really got to catch up and talk one on one in ways I had never been able to do with them when I was younger and when Grandma's house was so full of people. 

Seeing my family now is like meeting them for the first time as an adult, because I feel like I was still just a girl last time I visited Iowa.

Shut Up So We Can Take A Picture!


I so appreciate the efforts family and friends continue to make to visit us here in PA. And that my parents and Abbie act as willing hosts to so many guests. Without them, I would be unable to participate so fully in life. 

Thank you Aunt Judi and Uncle Paul for the laughs, hugs, and conversation! It was fantastic to see you!

Blessings,

Emily

No comments: