FAQs

Friday, December 27, 2013

New Christmas Traditions with Dad and Abbie

Abbie Has the House Decorated Beautifully

We celebrated Christmas tonight at Dad and Abbie's. And it just might be one of my favorite Christmas celebrations ever.


Dad, Me, Jeannine


I grew up celebrating both Christmas and Hanukkah. After my parents divorced, we never really came up with new traditions for Christmas. Many years I've been too sick to go to Christmas with all of the family at Dad and Abbie's, and in general it's a little overwhelming for me physically.

So, we decided to try something a little different. Dad and Abbie had Jeannine and I over for a steak dinner. Afterwards we exchanged meaningful gifts that everyone was excited about. (I'm most excited about another year of audible membership, a Golden State Warriors sweatshirt and some new 'tunes.)



Dad, Me, Abbie


Just being able to go over to Dad and Abbie's for an evening, share a meal together, and celebrate the holiday made this year so special. What made it extra special was how much we all laughed and enjoyed being together.

A new Christmas tradition has been born, and I couldn't be happier about it.

Blessings,

Emily


No comments: