FAQs

Friday, December 27, 2013

More Iowa Visitors: Mary, Ross and Jan



Ross, Me, Mom and Mary

I realize I'm down to the wire here when it comes to recapping the joys of 2013. But I know I'll be disappointed in myself if I don't post about the people and places of this special year. I just might finish posting before your holiday card arrives in the mail. :)

We had travel this year (!) and lots of out of town visitors, including more Iowa family. 


Mary and Gershwin

Shortly after we returned from our big trip to see the Jewish side of the family, a couple of members of my Dad's big Catholic family arrived at our doorstep. My cousin-by-marriage, Mary; her son, Ross; and Mary's sister Jan stayed for almost three days. 


Jan and Tovah


My cousin Craig (Mary's husband) wasn't able to make the trip. As I've mentioned about all of my visitors that I haven't seen in so many years, it's fun to reconnect in new ways. 

Craig is the oldest of the 40 cousins, so he and Mary are cousins that I did not know well growing up. And, their son Ross was only about seven when I was last in Iowa!


Tovah and Jan: Jan Spoiled the Puppies!


Mary has been faithful and loyal in her reading of my blog, her emails of support, and her prayers for me. So, it was special to finally be together in person.


Ross and Me

We ate lots of good food, picked on Ross lots, heard lots of stories from Mary, enjoyed meeting her wonderful sister, and they all took in the 4th of July fireworks and other fun town events while I rested in between visiting.

Thanks for bringing Iowa to us, Mary, Jan and Ross!

Blessings,

Emily



No comments: