FAQs

Saturday, December 21, 2013

More High School Reunions: Ted, Aislinn, and Annika

Aislinn, Ted, Annika


Those of you who have become regular readers of my blog start to get to know those who surround me with their love and support. Also, many of my readers know each other. So, I continue to share photos from visitors who brighten my days.


Annika, Aislinn and Gershwin


Ted made a trip to PA from CAin June sans his wife Erin (who was leading a biking trip) but with his two little girls, Aislinn and Annika. 

Since Ted was single-parenting it, I did my best to help Ted out as much as I could while he was here for a couple of hours. 

We played a lot of 'musical dogs' because both girls really wanted to snuggle with Gershwin. So, he got transferred back and forth between recliners.

What was such a big change for me was that I could really interact with the girls and Ted, and get up to move G from chair to chair. Gosh, was I ever pooped after just two hours with two little ones, though! :)


Annika (who would not smile!) and Gershwin

Over the summer, I volunteered to help plan our 20th high school reunion. And while this is, as I mentioned in an earlier post, an overcommitment to some degree on my part, it's incredibly exciting and rewarding for me. 

For the first time in many years, I feel hopeful that I will actually be able to attend my reunion, which made me really, really want it to happen. Many people feel that Facebook keeps them in touch with those they want to be in touch with, but nothing beats catching up face to face. And I can't wait to see people--both those I'm connected with now and those I may reconnect with. 

It feels good, as my friend Kristen says, to do something so 'normal' as helping to plan a reunion and think about attending it. (I've already made sure the committee knows I won't be able to do additional work the night of!).


Aislinn and the ever-patient Gershwin

Thanks so much for the visit, Ted, and for always making time for me on your visits home. We didn't get much 'adult' conversation in this time around, but we sure did get lots of good time with the girls.

Blessings,

Emily


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh, I so hope that you WILL be able to attend the reunion and enjoy every minute with as few repercussions as possible to your well being. New item on my prayer list!