FAQs

Friday, February 14, 2014

Packed!


Tovah Wears Her Shades From Lanadoodles


Tovah Rose would like to announce that we're all packed and ready to go to the beach. 


Mom and Scott Expertly Pack the Car


As I sit here watching the gorgeous snow fall, I'm happy to say that it is Thursday and the car is PACKED and ready to go! Other than all of our last minute things, we are ready for our Sunday departure. (Waiting on dog harnesses to arrive, going out to a concert Saturday night, finishing up looking over maps, etc.). It feels good to know we can relax a little bit before hitting the road.

Thanks to Scott and all of his time in the Navy, we have a perfectly packed car!


Cheerful Help From Scott


To be honest, packing took way more out of me than I thought it would. Despite setting aside three weeks for the process, I found that maintaining my 'normal' daily schedule of appointments and activities of daily living and adding in what needed to be done to prepare for six weeks away left me exhausted and overwhelmed. A few days, it definitely tipped me over the edge. 

I apologize for mostly going MIA in terms of communication the past few weeks. Some days this reminder of my limitations brought me down. Instead of simply adding in the job of packing, I needed to have it replace other daily activities, but this is difficult to do when I want to make sure that I get in some PT, massage, counseling, etc. before we are away for so long.

I am prepared for the first week at the beach to be a 'recovery' period from the trip preparation and the travel itself, which is never easy for me. We will be driving halfway, stopping to visit friends Sunday night, and finishing up the trip on Monday.




Ready. To. Go!


The good news is that hopefully all of our preparation and hard work will pay off. I've tried to think of everything we might need, even renting a recliner from a Rent-a-Center so I will have a comfy place to rest! :)

We're so ready for six weeks together in a new place. We're feeling incredibly blessed to have this opportunity that we never imagined might happen.

Here we come Sunset Beach, NC!

Blessings,

Emily





No comments: