FAQs

Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Puppy Countdown!


June 10. Our girl!

Now that you've endured reading two long medical posts, here are some fun puppy photos. The top photo is the most recent photo we have of our girl. Lowchen have small litters, so there are only three pups in this litter. The two girls are going to homes and the boy is staying with the breeder. We finally know, with about 90% certainty, that this is the girl the breeder has chosen for us. She loves to be held and give kisses.

We're less than three weeks away from bringing our girl home on July 3rd! I have narrowed the names down to three, and hopefully as I see her grow more (or when I finally get to meet her), I'll know what her name is meant to be. 

The breeder is great about sending regular stories, updates and photos, and now it's fun to go back and look at all of the photos now that we know which puppy will be ours. I love photo days! :) In addition to connecting with this wonderful breeder, I've now been in contact with another woman who owns one of her Lowchen, as well as the other family who is getting a puppy from this litter. I'm enjoying this community of women and dog lovers!

Thanks for sharing in my joy. I have not felt this joyful or excited for a very long time. I feel like an expectant mother, busy nesting and getting everything I can ready before our girl arrives so that I can spend all of my time with her. :)

Enjoy the photos. It's amazing how quickly they change in such a short time!


Five Days Old. (Our girl is on the left)

Nine Days Old. Our girl is in the middle.

Seventeen Days Old. Look at their pink noses! Mama is ever-so-watchful she can't catch a break for some grooming. :) That's our girl digging in for some food!
Nineteen Days Old. Just the girls (ours is on the right.)

Twenty-four days old. Our girl is in the middle.

Moving day--June 2nd. The puppies move from the whelping box to their new little home.

June 4. The puppies have their first real food--Goat's milk, raw honey, and slippery elm (an herb). Usually this is a messy process, but as you can see everyone was pretty neat and tidy, except the boy got one paw dirty. Our girl is in the front left.


June 8--the puppies have their first exposure to the Lowchen Lounge--the room where all of the other Lowchen in the family live--and go straight for the toys. Our girl is on the left.


No comments: