FAQs

Thursday, November 27, 2014

Thanksgiving Blessings To You...

Linden Tree Trunk with Snow


Today is Thanksgiving.


Weeping Cherry


For many this is a day filled with friends, family and love. 


Such a Photogenic Tree!


For others, this day is hard for many reasons.




My wise and prayerful friend Marla posted the following on Facebook:

The circle of life is often hard and bittersweet, especially during holidays when life doesn't look like a Hallmark card or weekend movie special. Prayers for hope and human kindness going out to any and all of those struggling today.



A Tree With Character


On Wednesday, we found ourselves blanketed in a beautiful snowfall.


Dogwood Planted for My 15 Year Anniversary


How peaceful. How grounding. How beautiful.


Our HUGE Maple Tree


How perfect.


Our Maple Tree


I rejoiced in being able to go outside, trek around in the four inches of snow with my camera and take a bunch of photos of this winter wonderland. A year ago, I would have ended such an outing exhausted and breathless.


Maple Tree


I wanted to share these photos because they made me feel a sense of peace and calm as the Thanksgiving holiday approached. Trees: they always make me feel more calm and grounded.



Three Trees: 40 Year Old Weeping Cherry, 40 Year Old Maple, and Our New
Weeping Cherry in Front of Our HOME.


However you are feeling this Thanksgiving Day--whether it is a joyful one or a difficult one--may you find precious moments of peace. 

Blessings,

Emily





No comments: