FAQs

Sunday, November 02, 2014

Monday Dog Blog: TV Time

TV Time In Emily's Recliner


We love to settle in every evening before bed and watch a little TV together. Mom joins us sometimes, and other times it's just me and the pooches. 

They love this cuddle time and can't wait to join me in the recliner or bed.



Goodbye Old CRT TV!


Before I got sick, I rarely watched TV. Once I got sick I realized how much of a lifesaver being able to watch some TV could be! I've had many times when even small amounts of TV were too overstimulating for my ANS, but now I'm able to enjoy an hour or so a night. 


I also never felt well enough to watch TV anywhere except in my bedroom--so I gave up on the rule of 'no TV in the bedroom' in 2002! 



The Whole Living Room Looks Different!


Now I feel well enough on a regular basis to watch TV in the living room. Last month we got rid of our old CRT TV and upgraded to a fancy schmancy HDTV. We used a stereo system that Dad had given me as a gift in 2004 and has rocking speakers.


It took a lot to get up the courage to take the plunge and spend the money to make this upgrade, yet we are enjoying it so much and know we will get so much use out of it. Right now, I am listening to the radio through Apple TV via the wonderful speaker system. Heavenly.


Our Own Movie Theater


It seems like such a small thing--watching TV in the living room instead of in the bedroom--but psychologically it's HUGE. It's also much more comfortable for mom's back to sit in the living room.

I have spent so much of the last 16 years in bed that whenever I can be out of my bed or bedroom, I am.


Caught Red Handed Again! Holding Hands!


Scheduling in TV time together is something that really helps Mom and I to stay sane and be together no matter how tired we are. It's something we look forward to.

We enjoy movies when we can and otherwise stay up to date on our favorite series--The Good Wife, Madam Secretary and Orange is the New Black. My guilty pleasure is Nashville. 

We've also cancelled cable and given up my TiVo box--and I can't believe how freeing it feels to let go of cable and a full TiVo box! We are loving it!



I Just Can't Get Enough of These Two!


Clearly, the puppies love TV time in our house as well. :)

Blessings,

Emily



No comments: