FAQs

Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Dinner on the Inner Harbor with Jess and Mom!

Jess and Me


While we were in Baltimore, we went OUT to dinner on the Inner Harbor with my friend Jessica, who lives in Baltimore. Jess and I have been friends since 4th grade and I wanted to see her one more time before she moves to Denver. I know she'll be back for visits to PA, but I wasn't going to miss an opportunity to see her before she moved.

Our friend Kate, who became part of our infamous group of 8 that journeyed through junior high and middle school together, was supposed to join us but got stuck in the same traffic we did on our way into Baltimore. We missed her!

In recent years, we've been reconnecting with each other more and more after not being in touch as much during college and the few years after that. It's really been wonderful to reconnect with these childhood friends. For Mom, she gets to see the 'little girls' that grew up running around our house, eating snacks here, doing school projects together, and celebrating birthdays together all grown up into women with their own families and children. 


Jessica's Restaurant Pick: It Was Great!


When we are in Baltimore for a Hopkins appointment, I always think it's such a shame that I don't feel well enough to enjoy the Inner Harbor at all since our hotel is right nearby!

This time, even though it took us FIVE hours instead of three to get to Baltimore, I was determined to go out to dinner with Jess.



Enjoying Our Night Out!


Jess picked McCormick and Schmick's. The food, service, atmosphere and view of the harbor were wonderful.

After our wonderful seafood dinners, we all found room for some creme brûlée for dessert! 

Mom and I haven't had a fancy meal like that in a million years! Divine!






I hope that as I start to feel better we'll be able to make our trips to Hopkins about more than just a doctor's appointment. On the bucket list? The aquarium! And the Lebanese Taverna. :) Dr. ANS recommends the Charleston for a really fancy schmancy high-end meal.

I love having things on my bucket list that I really think I'll be able to do in the not-to-distant future!

It was awesome to be out on the Inner Harbor and see Jess. Thanks so much for coming into the city for dinner, Jess. We LOVED seeing you and wish you all the best on your new life in Denver.

Blessings,

Emily



No comments: