FAQs

Sunday, November 30, 2014

Monday Dog Blog: Keeping It Real

Post-Thanksgiving Crash Out


These days there are lots of photos of me dressed in my new favorite clothes, wearing my new boots, my make-up and hair done and a big smile on my face.


Tovah Settles In For Snuggles


I'm close friends with lots of other chronically ill folks, and we all remind each other that it's important to 'keep it real'. 


These Guys Are Ready To Comfort Mommy


This is me crashed out the day after Thanksgiving.

Thankfully, I had nowhere to be. And I let myself let go of getting our holiday card done. The hardest part of these days is being gentle on myself, letting myself rest and not beating myself up for not being 'productive.'

So, here I am 'Keeping it Real'.


Gershwin Needed a Nap Anyways...


I'm never really sure what is going to lead to a setback and what isn't, what's overdoing and what's not. I can't predict. Sometimes I don't feel well during an event. Sometimes I feel fine during it. And that's not necessarily a predictor of how I am going to feel later that day, the next day or the next few days.

It doesn't change the decisions I make about the activities I choose to do. It's just part of the reality of this illness. 



Snuggling After PT


But this isn't a sad post. It's just a post that says: while my health is improving, I'm still sick. And when I need to rest, I have two puppies who can't wait to snuggle and snuggle and snuggle. All. Day. Long. 

They are the best medicine.

Happy Monday!

Blessings,

Emily




1 comment:

Rachel Lundy said...

Thanks for sharing about the harder days too. Thanks for keeping it real!

I have been doing some crashing out this holiday weekend too!