FAQs

Saturday, November 22, 2014

Reunited: Marcy and Me

Twinkies?


Friendships ebb and flow. Sometimes we're better at navigating the bumps in them than other times. I don't like conflict. I tend to avoid it. And likely, because of that, I let more time slip between seeing Marcy than I wish I had. 

We haven't seen each other in FIVE years. We hit a bump in the road. We've danced around reconnecting and finally we have, and oh, how wonderful it was on Sunday to have a lunch extravaganza again! 

I'm grateful to Marcy and to myself for the forgiveness we've given each other. We decided today not to rehash what did or didn't happen, but to start fresh. 

And we did. At the same time, it was as if we had never stopped talking and we didn't want to stop when it was time for her to leave. 

Marcy was like a little jumping bean when she arrived, she was so excited. :)



Our Hummus Extravaganzas (circa 2009?!)


We live an hour apart, which does make it a bit of a schlep for Marcy to come into town. We're on this though, because it's worth it to be back in touch.

Thanks so much chica! I am so happy to be reunited!

Blessings,

Emily


No comments: