FAQs

Saturday, October 04, 2014

We LOVE Our CSA: Farm Picnic



I Love Barns

I grew up hearing about and going on Sunday drives. So, I chose to publish this post on a Sunday. Settle in and enjoy the view.



LOTS of Carrots!

We've now been part of a CSA (Community Supported Agriculture) for three years. We. LOVE. It. 


Our veggies and fruits are grown and tended to with such love and care, it's truly remarkable what Sara and Dave do to provide sustenance for their members.


Dave and Sara


These two are tireless workers, yet remain joyful in spirit and passionate in their mission.


Aren't They Cute?


Our CSA isn't just about the nourishing tasty food, but about the wonderful people who make it happen.


All the Pretty Vegetables

Sara is a perfectionist, and no item we receive looks or tastes anything less than perfect.


Mountains + Farm Fields = Perfection


I'm crazy about fruits and veggies, so the FODMAPS diet frustrates me because it limits both the types of fruits and veggies I can eat and the portions I can eat. Grrr....


Such A Fun Day!


A couple of weekends ago, Dave and Sara held their Fall Farm Picnic on a Saturday afternoon. The weather turned out to be perfect.


Meeting New People, Eating Good Food


The food that everyone brought was delicious.

We met lovely people.


Me and Mom!


As you can see, Mom and I are just filled with JOY that I was able to attend and really enjoy the picnic. 


What a Beauty


Dave showed off his newly painted potato digger--which he tried to restore to the original paint colors from over 75 years ago.


It's Like Magic!

This machine is super cool!

Dave LOVES Barney the Potato Digger

The kids LOVED it!

Bags for Potatoes!

Afterwards, everyone could take a paper bag...

Harvesting the Freshly Dug Potatoes

And harvest as many potatoes as she could carry.

We sure wish we had a cold cellar space to store potatoes and squash in the winter!

I just sat on the ground and supervised. I am an excellent supervisor!

Mom and Leslie Harvesting Squash


After harvesting potatoes, folks were free to harvest as many butternut, acorn and hubbard squash as they could carry! 

Mom just made a pot of butternut squash soup today with our goodies.


Sara and Her Mom

Sara's parents joined us too. 



Carrots!


We also got to harvest some fresh carrots just in time to use for our Rosh Hashanah tzimmes!


The Valley Surrounds the Farm


I just think that everything about Dave and Sara's farm is beautiful. I think that Pennsylvania and its rolling hills are beautiful. I love where I live. It is very much home to me.


Our Meal Time View


I grew up enjoying taking a drive just to view the scenery, and it has remained something I savored especially when I was too sick to do more than go for a car ride and recline.



One Of The Mountain Gaps


How amazing it feels now to actually be able to BE at the farm. Dave and Sara were so sweet--they took so much joy in seeing how much better I've been doing and in the fact that I was able to come to the picnic.

This was our second picnic at the farm, but this one I enjoyed SO much more!


A Mountain Gap


We're incredibly fortunate to live in such a beautiful place, surrounded by wonderful people and with access to so much fresh, local high-quality food. 

We thank you, Dave and Sara, for all of your hard, hard work. You are appreciated so very much.

Blessings,

Emily


No comments: