FAQs

Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Birthday Drive

Amish Fields of Harvested Corn


By now, y'all know that I love to go for a nice ride. You also know that this is something we often did together when I was too sick to do anything else but go for a short drive in the car to get out of the house.


Amish Farms



On Saturday, after my big night out drinking that big 'ol glass of Riesling, I was pretty tired, but wanted to go for a ride to see the Fall colors. It was a quiet way to spend the afternoon with mom and the puppies. 



Following a Buggy!

This ride was different in so many ways from rides in the past years.

This ride was different because I didn't have to recline and could sit up to watch out the window.
This ride was different because I could get in and out of the car to take photos.
This ride was different because we were able to make a couple of stops along the way.
This ride was different because we were able to be gone for three hours.
This ride was different because we were able to explore places I haven't been able to travel to for a long time.


Lots of Yellows 


Typically, my birthday weekend is the peak for Fall colors, but this year it seems we are a bit behind here in PA, and the colors were mostly yellows, with only a touch of the reds and oranges.


On Our Way to a Winery
(Should Have Bought Some Riesling!)


We stopped at a winery as well as one of my favorite farm shops to buy gifts for Dr. GI and his staff.


I LOVE Where We Live


We also stopped at 'the lookout' to get a view of the valley.


A Yellow Top Buggy


Because it was a Saturday, the Amish were out running errands, taking care of shopping, and preparing for the Sabbath, so we saw a LOT of buggies. It's been a long time since we have been able to go for a ride in this particular valley.


Amish Fields


Even if the Fall colors were not brilliant, the valleys around here are still gorgeous.


Pops of Color


We did find some patches of more colorful trees.


Perfect Red-Leafed Tree

And one really gorgeous red-leafed tree.

We topped off the day with a movie after dinner: Words and Pictures. I highly recommend this romantic comedy. It's predictable, but it's got substance and heart--and it portrays two lead characters with disabilities who fall in love. That made it the perfect movie for me.

I enjoyed the quiet day before another big outing on Sunday!

Blessings,

Emily



No comments: