FAQs

Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Birthday Dinner OUT! :)



Enjoying the Riesling


I had a lovely birthday on Friday and spent the rest of the holiday weekend celebrating as well. I'm pretty worn out! :)


Enjoying a Friday Night Out!


I was so excited to be able to go OUT to a lovely restaurant for dinner, rather than celebrating with a meal at home. We went to the same restaurant where I had my 20th high school reunion--and I LOVe their food. It was such a special treat to go out with Mom and my SBC (Sister by Choice), Jeannine. 

So Many Good Choices


Mom and I both enjoyed their shrimp and grits, a classic Southern meal I've managed to never try until now! I have been missing out. 


Shrimp and Grits


Since my health has improved and I've been on the mestinon, I'm able to tolerate very small amounts of alcohol, so I was very excited to order a glass of wine. 

I received a great deal of expert advice from my friends on what to try, and I chose a glass of Riesling. It only took me two hours to drink it and I could still feel it, but I definitely enjoyed!


First Glass of Wine I've Ordered in 16 Years!


The best part? I got carded! Ha!

I hadn't even brought my wallet along, so I told the server that either the manager could vouch for me since I had worked with her on the reunion or she could trust my mom! :)


Birthday Girl--Wearing My Jewelry from Our Sunset Beach Trip

I spent the afternoon on Friday reading the wonderful cards and notes I received in the mail and taking phone calls. Thank you to everyone who sent me snail mail cards--they are treasures for sure. I loved that I felt well enough to talk on the phone with two of my close friends from far away that I don't get to talk to very often. I also enjoyed my singing messages, messages on FB and texts.

I. Got. Spoiled! 


Jeannine and Mom


Being able to go out to dinner was such a milestone for me and for all of us who have been on this journey together. 


Making a Wish!


Mom made a gluten-free pumpkin cake (AMAZING!) that she brought to the restaurant for us to have for dessert. 

I made a good wish. I hope it comes true. :)

Thank you for all of the birthday love! 

Blessings,

Emily




1 comment:

Rachel Lundy said...

I'm so glad that you were able to go out for dinner for your birthday. And you got carded?! That is so great!

I was born and raised in the south, but I had no idea shrimp and grits was a thing. I've eaten more than my fair share of grits, but I've never had them with shrimp. I will have to look for that in restaurants if I ever get back down south.

Happy birthday to beautiful you!