FAQs

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Just Checking In...




Last time I wrote a post about anything other than midodrine, I was already feeling exhausted from the Rocephin treatment. I was also very up in the air about where we go from here in terms of treatment.


I have definitely spent the last few weeks immersed in finding and preparing for my next step in this journey. The rest of my energy has gone to survival. I am always sad when I have no energy left for correspondence and blogging.


The abbreviated update, which I very much hope to blog more about, is that I will be seeing a new doctor towards the end of October. I am very much looking forward to this new step and feel hopeful that some new perspective will be brought to my case.


I'm about to reach 49 weeks of treatment on the Rocephin and I desperately want to stop. I feel like my body has had enough. However, so far it seems that the most rational decision is to stay on the Rocephin until I see the new physician in October and go from there. I had really hoped to stop for my birthday, and see if I could get a little bit of a break to enjoy and celebrate.


I'm feeling absolutely miserable with a lot more low blood pressure, air hunger, tachycardia and weakness. I'm still trying to sort out if this is actually related to some change I have made or is simply the cumulative effects of being exhausted and worn out from treatment. 


I have so very much more I would like to write to you all in blog form and individually, but my thoughts are currently just going round and round in my head instead! I'm also so brain fogged it is difficult to write anything coherent.


My continued thanks to all of you for your continued love and support. Your cards, emails, texts and FB posts brighten my days so much! I just really wanted to check in and let you all know how much you are on my mind. It is likely that I will be continue to be fairly out of touch until we are able to sort more things out medically, and get through this last of the Rocephin treatment...


Blessings,


Emily

Photo: Sedum

1 comment:

Emily said...

Oh, Emily, you have to deal with so much! Thank you so much for being open about all that you are dealing with right now. It is such a hard load to bare. I am thinking about you so much, and praying that the new doctor will lead you in a wonderful new direction. I know you wanted everything to be different by your next birthday. I will keep praying for that!!
Much love!
-Emily