FAQs

Monday, September 27, 2010

No More Rocephin!

Today (Monday) was officially my LAST day of Rocephin, one day short of 49 weeks of treatment. I guess if you count the 3 weeks of IM injections before I got my port, I actually did make it to 52 weeks on the Rocephin. :)


I am so incredibly relieved and ready for a BREAK! 


I cannot wait to take a bath after my port has been de-accessed. No 'plastic bag dresses' to cover my port. The water can just run over me. 


Making the decision to stop has been difficult, but I feel strongly that my body is screaming at me to 'STOP!'. This will give me some time off of the IV antibiotics both for my birthday and before I see the new doctor, who tends to be more holistic in his approach. 


Just wanted to shoot out a quick update! So many of you have expressed your concern over how worn down I have been emotionally and physically...


Whew, what a year.


Blessings,


Emily

2 comments:

alia said...

Yea baths! *hugs* to you. ~me

magpie said...

Hey! Can you use bath bombs/bubble baths????? Lemme know! I have JUST the thing for you!